Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Cupcake
      Participant

I’m trying to get out of a long abusive relationship with my childrens dad. They are (detail removed by Moderator). I’m getting help through idva as they say I’m high risk. Does anyone know if this means I would have been discussed at a marac meeting. I’m hoping to be moved back to my local area as this is his area. I didn’t want to go into refuge because of unsettling the children further x

Indiamalachite
      Participant

Hi @cupcake yes, I think it means you most likely will be referred to marac but they should let you know they are doing this as they are supposed to do a checklist with you to work out your risk and ask you for feedback about your views. Also they should tell you the outcome of the meeting so maybe they haven’t done all this yet.

Cupcake
      Participant

Thanks I’ve had the idva worker for 3 weeks now. Can they do a marac without my consent? Have you had help through idva? Did u find it helpfull? X

Indiamalachite
      Participant

Cupcake yes, they can refer you without consent but ideally are supposed to discuss with you. I was referred by police, they then discussed mine and my ex-s personal history and then there was a plan made. TBH I have little info about it, I was only told a couple of things they discussed, it seems all secretive. I think if you have a MARAC plan if it’s agreed you’re high risk it means you can access legal aid for things like if you need a solicitor about contact in the future. May assist you with being rehoused too. My IDVA was really nice but I would like to have seen her a little more I think. They are pretty stretched I guess. I wish I had been on this forum at the time as I would have maybe been wiser about resisting his tactics for getting me back but hey I dont know. Overall I had good experience with the IDVA and the DV service.

Cupcake
      Participant

Hi thanks for your reply x r u free now out of ur relationship? Do you have children? I have 3 little ones. yes they said I’m high risk and helping getting me moved. They haven’t discussed any marac with me I think they are not wanting to tell me lol cus I suffer with anxiety. Hope ur ok x

Indiamalachite
      Participant

hey 🙂 yes am free now for a while, literally has changed my life and every day is better! I have a young child, its all good although exhausted all the time! Things all went crazy for a while and I had lots of services involved but now its all gone and just us getting on with it. I think they can withhold marac from you if they think it might make the sitution worse. so glad youre getting help though xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content