Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Busyditch
      Participant

Hey everyone. Thought I’d pop in to update a little. I’m still in the safe house and I think I could be for sometime. It’s ok, I feel safe and despite appearances the neighbours are very kind and look out for each other. I feel lucky to be placed here.

Emotionally I’m lost, I’m euphoric one minute and utterly broken the next and then everything in between. I’ve contacted my husband (detail removed by moderator) but I’ve had nothing in reply apart from a cryptic text (detail removed by moderator). People say it’s because he doesn’t know what to say… I know my husband, he is NEVER short of words, so I’m sure his silence is vindictive.

If I have learned anything… it’s do not get used to a feeling at any given moment. It can change, flip or swerve faster than F1 car. It’s exhausting, emotional and scary.

I hope everyone is staying safe. X

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Yes this.. I feel exactly the same. One minute I’m so relieved and then I’m sad and scared. It’s so confusing isn’t it?

Like you said maybe just taking the emotion as it comes and goes acceptingly but also knowing it will pass and be replaced with another.

Living Warrior
      Participant

Things will get better, trust me, just be kind to yourselves and everything else will fall into place.
      your head and body is still making a huge adjustment. from needing to be on edge and in fight/flight mode constantly, to now having a bit of calm and peace… its natural for your head to second guess the peace as its totally alien to us. We always wait for the “other shoe to drop”. this will lessen with time. and the good feelings will soon over power the old, worried, frightened, scared and confused feelings. 🙂

some times it takes weeks sometimes months, it can take years for you not to experience it at all! it just depends on you, and your level of contact with “him”
      the more contact the longer it takes for things to “settle”.

im so glad you are both out and safe though. please do keep posting. x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content