Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

If only I could tell anyone how I really feel…
      But the only way to feel ok is to shut up about it.
      Silence stops the exhausting voicing of the problems. Silence is an escape door.
      Silence is my friend and my enemy. I don’t know what I am anymore, nor who I am. A body trapping a human mind, or a human mind trapping a body.
      I am the prisoner and I am my own jail.
      It takes so much strength to leave. I am frightened about my kids, frightened about myself. They always win those abusers, don’t they? They always do. Even forgiving and forgetting leads me to the same situation.

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

I understand the feeling of been scared , how u think staying quiet is only option left, they steal our voice , but all your doing is messing your own head up , I did that thinking that was solution , u have to get out first , help yourself first and then help your kids. I had to get put myself ,my sons r emotionally damaged , I’ve still got a long wAy to go heal but by getting myself out and getting strong I can be a strong pillar for my sons for them to get help they need . It is hard work when the kids mirror the behaviour but by getting support myself I can only keep trying to get them to accept help

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content