Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

I’ve seen a lot! experienced a lot! felt a lot! heard a lot, read a lot, learnt a lot! I know who I am!

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Thank you Hazydayz. The word ‘survivor’ can be incredibly empowering.

Take care,
      Lisa

Hazydayz
        Participant

Thankyou Lisa for a reply.
        Yes! Empowering! survivors.

gettingtired
      Participant

😀🤍

herewegoagain
      Participant

I’ve come a long way over (detail removed by Moderator)..moved country..new home..new life new job…survived (detail removed by Moderator) heart attacks and open heart surgery

But young adult son…who was a s school age teenager back then grabbed me by the wrist and frog marched me out of his room…I was suddenly right back there

I’ve told him in no certain terms this unacceptable behaviour…he now says when he goes to uni he is going to cut all contact with me…and blames his father and ME for ruining his life…

I have said I should have left sooner son…and I love you your my child.

Huge overtones of his father…told him you have to. Change your core beliefs you. can’t treat your mother or ANY woman this way..
      It’s not JUST A WELL I Wanted you out of my room!..
      I don’t want to over react but it took me back to the days of his father pushing me. Around and locking me in rooms when he wanted to talk…I just don’t know

Can’t talk to the extended family I don’t want them to judge him…or my other children would hit the roof..

Just ignoring it is like going back to the old days

nbumblebee
        Participant

I hear you on this one. My youngest is verbally nasty at times to me and loves to lush my buttons just like his dad ive warned him again and again not to talk to anyone like that. Im hoping its a teenage thing my ither 2 werent like this but they are all different. Im still here so its hard when he hears how my husband his dad talks to me.
        We just have to do all that we can to guide our small men folks to respect and love instead of hate and hurt. As mums i guess thats our job. Xxxx

Hazydayz
      Participant

I hear what your saying and I feel for you. I imagine It’s very difficult what your going through now with your son. I have no son’s only daughter’s and Even to hey can be similarly abusive to me. Just like their fathers were before them. I wish you luck 💞

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content