Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lonely@
      Participant

Hi
      I think that i need your advice about my case I’m coming to uk (detail removed by moderator) with spouse visa, after few days here i found that my husband have another women he married her in mosk (this is not a legal marriage) she was coming to my house broken my door after that i said to my husband that i want to calling police for her he didn’t lelet me and he started shouting to me and force me to accept this situation he want to stay with two women and because i can’t come back to my country he did what he want and every time I’m talking with him about her he shouting to me and he broke all home. Now I’m pregnant and he get a llot of problem with her because she gone with another man, but after all this and after more than (detail removed by moderator) he want now to comeback with her aand he keep shouting to me and he try to hit me llast time because i said that im not feeling safe and i want police to protect me from her. He don’t let me to talking about this with anyone from his family or from my family as well I’m scared from him and i don’t know what can i do and if the law is with me if i want to separate with him,? What will happened to my visa and to my baby? Please can you help me about this any advice from you will be very helpful
      Thank you and I’m sorry my English is not good.

diymum@1
      Participant

call the womens aid help line- you need legal advice if she is making you feel unsafe this is classed as harassment – the police will step in to help. womens aid will help you find someone to give you legal advice on where you stand – one thing i would say is they will protect you and your baby – much love diymum

diymum@1
      Participant

sorry they are both harassing you this is called intimidating behaviour and coersive control it is illegal xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Dear Lonely@,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum. I’m very sorry to read what you have been through with your husband. First, you do have rights here in the UK and there is support for you, you are not alone.
      At any time you feel you are in danger, or you need the police for help, you can call them on 999.

I suggest that you call the 24 hour freephone National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247 to speak to a female support worker in confidence. You can ask for an interpreter if you would like.
      They can talk through your options, including leaving and going to live in a refuge, which is a safe house for women and children, where you can get support.

You do need some legal and immigration advice, there are a few ways to get this;

1. Speak to your local domestic abuse service, which you can find here. They often work with solicitors who can provide free legal advice.

2. Speak to The Rights of Women Immigration and Asylum Law Advice Line on 020 7490 7689
      They are a very busy service, but keep trying to get through, they offer excellent free advice.

3. Look for a pro-bono (free) legal advisor in your area on the LawWorks website here.

What may be able to help you is something called the Domestic Violence Rule. This is relevant if you have come to the UK on a spouse visa and your husband has indefinite leave to remain (ILR). If you can provide evidence that your relationship has recently broken down because of domestic violence you can apply for your ILR under the domestic violence rule. This would mean that you could then access financial support such as housing benefit. You can read more about this in the Rights of Women Domestic Violence Rule Guide here.
      Ideally you need a legal advisor to go through this with you, so I suggest using one of all of the options above.

Please be reassured that there is help available for you and it can be possible for you to separate from your husband. You’ve done the right thing by reaching out for support, and it’s worth gathering information before you take any action.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content