Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Minimrs
      Participant

I feel so angry I shout at him over little things and cry I feel guilty afterwards. My emotional are all over the place and I keep having nightmares. I think I’m depressed and don’t know what to do. I feel confused most of the time. It’s like I’m going mad today I found my dogs lead while I was having a clear out she past away last year. I started to think about last year and how things were different I was happy. But I didn’t realize what was going on at that time. I broke down in the kitchen and could stop crying. I was on my own and felt so isolated. I had a nightmare that my daughter drowned and I couldn’t find her I woke up crying. It’s not been a good year my friend passed away and two of my auntie’s past away and IV had to deal with all this stuff. Social services are involved now so that’s more stress I honestly can’t deal with anymore.

Dragon
      Participant

Oh goodness, it sounds like you need a big hug. Do you have anyone you can turn to for support? Have you been to GP if you feel depressed? They might be able to help with some medication or counselling to get you through this. Keep posting x*x

Minimrs
      Participant

I was taking anti depressants but hey made me feel worse I’m scared to go back to the doctor incase social services find out and take the kids off me. To day he came back with chocolate and flowers for me because he said he knew I’d been feeling s**t.

diymum@1
      Participant

the GP will support you and this will go in your favour with social services. just explain this is all because off the abuse you suffered. this isnt the same as being someone who is a risk to others mental health wise. this is a natural reaction when youve sustained abuse noone can condemn you for that xx some medication will help there is no shame in taking an anti anxiety med x*x hugs diymum

diymum@1
      Participant

from experience citilopram made me feel worse too but fluoxitine is a good one xx it took the edge right off my anxiety and i could then focus better xx

Minimrs
      Participant

I was on fluoxitine but it made me feel really bad. I don’t think I needed it at the time but he told me I needed some help and it got worse from there. He kept telling me I felt down and made the appointment at the doctor’s but I thought I was ok and now I’m like this.

diymum@1
      Participant

maybe it wasnt the right one for you? there are lots off options try not to feel scared to approach your GP xx they will get you the right support xx

Minimrs
      Participant

I will try and get an appointment I think when he’s back at work. I just want the feelings to go away.

diymum@1
      Participant

you will 🙂 just reember weve all felt like this and its all down to abuse this isnt you. they want us to feel crazy and therefore we get so scared to go to see anyone xx

Minimrs
      Participant

Well today he said he is sick of me having a go at him and can’t be bothered to try anymore. Do they like to see us crying because he seems to like to upset me. And another thing why do I want to be with him when all we do is argue. It’s like I can’t live with him and I can’t live without him

diymum@1
      Participant

its all down to conditioning from them thats the only real reason that you feel you need him. i was the same couldnt get my head round this very thing. they tell us so many times you wont survive without me noone will want you. i treat you this way because you drive me to it! so on so forth. it sinks in and we believe them – but you do see this isnt the case once your out x*x

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content