Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

Got a letter in the post this morning it was my Decree Absolute. Can’t believe it as he put in on hold for over (detail removed by Moderator) months. Just got to sort out the money, sale the house, get another one and change my name.

I know he will play up at times but I’m happy, big step forward.

Hopesprings
      Participant

Brilliant news girl ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

Serenity
      Participant

Yay!!!!

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thank you Hopesprings and Serenity ๐Ÿ™‚

Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

Yay fantastic news ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

White Rose
      Participant

That’s so nice to hear. I’m jealous. My turn will come someday soon!!

Ayanna
      Participant

Congratulations!

Stupidgirl40
      Participant

I am jealous too well done! All good things come to those who wait ladies x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thankyou ladies a few more hurdles but I’m getting there.

Shame we are still at the same address but the house will sale soon ๐Ÿ˜

Can’t wait for you to post the same thing

FS xx

Stupidgirl40
      Participant

Me too! I stupidly had one last year and took him back so need to get it again but this time I will cherish it x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Stupidgirl40,

We have all done it, look at the time your stuck with him as time to see him for what he is.

Its horrid being at the same address, but I am seeing him for what he is and that what he did was never on the sper of the moment. I can see why my children treat me like they do as well, I know understanding why I stay and didn’t get out (which has been the hardest to understand for me).

Im looking that when I do get out I wont carry as much baggage of why…

FS xx

Confused123
      Participant

Well done hun, u doing ever so well , stay strong

Stupidgirl40
      Participant

Yes very true less baggage and also all the wasted extra time I gave us means I am 100 % sure this time. Your gut is never wrong. He had a right go at me n kids today it’s awful being in the same house but no matter what I still feel free on the inside and that is important to me x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thank Confused123 I don’t always feel strong but with all you wonderful ladies support I’m getting there.

Stupidgirl40 at least you will never look back and say I could have tried more.

FS xx

Stupidgirl40
      Participant

Thanks that’s what my friends say too. It’s nice to read all you ladies comments as I feel less insane as unless u have been through it it’s hard to understand x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Stpidgirl40, I thought it was all in my head and though people can be sympathetic its impossible for them to understand the extent of the control and fear we are in. I was like a rabbit caught in the headlights, I can remember someone saying why would he do that? And I said because he can.

Thats why this group is so important to us, we aren’t shocked at what they do or the way we react.

FS xx

Stupidgirl40
      Participant

Yes very true and I think unless you have been with someone who is like this you don’t believe someone can be do calculating horrible and unstable yet so lovely to others. Even my kids see it and say he believes his own lies so why won’t others. Sad but I just want us to be free of him and the others will realise with time. It’s good to come on here and not feel so alone x

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ยฉ 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England โ€“ Womenโ€™s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Womenโ€™s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions โ”‚ Privacy & cookie policy โ”‚ Site map โ”‚ Protect yourself onlineโ”‚ Mediaย โ”‚ย Jobs โ”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content