• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by KIP..
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Secret girl
      Participant

(Detail removed by moderator) years my partner stopped everything, always shouting at me putting me down in front of people too.. I didn’t know this was emotional abuse until I spoke to a helpline thought email.
      I don’t know what to do I want out but feel trapped 🙁 he has all cash so I havnt that behind me to get myself my dog n belongings out, I don’t know how to get housing either I’m miles from where I want to go (Detail removed by moderator)hours drive. I don’t know where turn

KIP.
      Participant

Please ring the helpline number on here or contact your local women’s aid. There’s lots of help now for victims of domestic abuse.

Secret girl
      Participant

I can’t call people he’s always here
      I can’t even call a friend without him been moody 🙁

maddog
      Participant

Well done for posting here, Secret Girl. I too have felt trapped. My Soon To Be Ex husband doesn’t work and rarely goes out. It is like someone has put an old fish under the floor and you can’t find where it’s coming from. Horrible horrible.

Do you have enough money to buy a really cheap phone and use it when you’re shopping or in the bathroom, or out with the dog?

Would it be possible for one of your friends to make contact with the police for you and you can go and speak to them?

I have spent so much time whispering down the phone, hanging up in the middle of conversations. You are so not alone.

Secret girl
      Participant

Hi mad dog no he as control of all the cash so I can buy in secret. If some one calls for me he.ll put me out as soon as he finds out I havnt any where to go

Possibly useful excuses (?)
      Dentist appointment/doctor’s appointment (you could make it and not turn up…)
      Going to buy tampax/paracetemol…
      Going to the contraception clinic…

I once sat in a field full of rabbits round the corner from the house to make calls. I had no mobile either at first and he had cancelled the landline…

How far is the police station? Could you walk there and speak to them directly using above excuses…? and say he has taken all money and you can’t afford to buy a phone…?

I know this sounds awfully hard, but if he ‘puts you out’ you could definitely go to the police then, and could claim you were homeless – should have priority to be housed…?
      big hug
      x

Hopefully by now you are speaking to women’s aid. If you go to refuge they may offer you a choice of towns, they did with me, and you could maybe choose the one that is near where you want to go..
      At least you have car and can drive.
      All best
      ftc
      x

KIP.
      Participant

Remember you can always ring the police to help you leave. They will come and protect you until you get out x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content