Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

It feels a bit weird coming on here but I don’t know who else to ask…
      I’ve recently got back with my ex after dropping police charges but I regret not pursing the charges as I was so worried about affecting his personal life and I was overwhelmed by all of these people involved when I hadn’t had time to process it myself. However, I’ve since found out some heartbreaking news and it’s made me realise he deserved to be charged with assault so I’m wondering if I would be able to reopen the case or will it be a waste of time? He has assaulted me since so is there any chance I could report him for those incidents despite there not being any evidence? I just want him to suffer the way I’ve suffered, my life has been turned upside down because of him and I’ve lost everything, it hurts me because his life is completely unaffected. I just want him out of my life, I am able to cut him out but emotionally I can’t let go I know I’ll regret my decision and want him back, therefore, I feel like getting the police involved is the only way I can get rid of him because he said he will cut me off if I call them again.

KIP.
      Participant

Talk to the domestic abuse police again. Tell them you were scared into dropping the charges and have now decided to fully co operate and want to give further statements. You can also talk to victim support and get them to help you with reporting the recent assaults, making a full statement may also help other victims of his by corroborating their story.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content