Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunrise
      Participant

So, today I ended my abusive relationship. It was so very hard and I’m still not 100% sure I did the right thing but it’s done. I know there will be lots of hurdles to come but I’m over one of them. I have very mixed emotions as to be expected, but at the risk of sounding self absorbed, I was looking for any words of encouragement. I have read lots of inspiring stories on here from such incredibly strong women which are invaluable x*x

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there, the early days are hard. Try to distract yourself with things you love to do. Be kind to yourself. Destroy all his contact details and block his numbers first. Its a rollercoaster of emotions but if you stick with it, the journey gets easier until eventually you realise what a lucky escape you had. Lots of new happy adventures to look forward to x

Relieved
      Participant

Well done for finishing it. That’s a huge hurdle. I felt exhausted after my ex finally left after months of that walking on eggshell feeling. Have you got support from family or friends? As KIP says, avoid all contact. You did the right thing. Keep posting, we will support you. Big hugs x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content