Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariel
      Participant

I have been out for a little while but still very much under his control. I am telling him (detail removed by moderator) that I’m going (detail removed by moderator) for new year. This doesn’t seem much when I put it down but I literally can’t leave the house without explaining where, who, why and we are not even together.
      I can’t live in 4 walls any longer I feel like I’m in prison. I’m staying with my mum at the moment. He is going to bring hell (detail removed by moderator).
      I feel like there is no end to this and answer to how he’s going to let go of me. My eyes are sore already and I haven’t even told him I’m going out yet.
      Surely I can’t live only going to the supermarket and work. I don’t even visit my sister anymore as I went there once for a tea and he stopped me having my son over for a week. My life is hell at the moment.
      I don’t his it will ever end X

Ariel
      Participant

He’s gone mad. He said he’s going to take the kids phone’s off them. He just sent me a (detail removed by Moderator) symbol. I don’t know what to do.(detail removed by Moderator) of constant messages so far. Hope he doesn’t come round I hate this.

Lightness
      Participant

hi Ariel
      Are you able to phone the helpline for some practical advice?
      Are your children with you? Have you left him and are you in a safe place? Are you able to ignore him (ie. not let him in) if he comes round?
      L

Ariel
      Participant

Thank you
      I rang the helpline. I had to cut them off as he was calling and texting and I was panicking. I’m in a safe place thank you.
      I don’t see how I can go to (detail removed by Moderator). He just has turned a whole new level of crazy (detail removed by Moderator) doesn’t think I should go and thinks I need to tell the police now and let them deal with it. I don’t know what to do for the best. My children are with him two are classed as adults but the other is still fairly young.
      I’ve been trying to keep the peace by just doing as I’m told but I have no life now. Apart from my children of course who are my reason to breathe and fight this. I need help now it’s too much on my own X

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Ariel, your situation has gotten to the stage that you need to put on the oxygen mask in order to save YOURSELF before you can think of helping others. (detail removed by Moderator) has given you sone very good advice. You also have text messages from him as evidence. The police take domestic abuse very seriously now. He is calling all the shots, he’s telling you what to do, and you don’t even live with him now. Do you fear fir your children’s lives? I so wish this whole abusive behaviour would not exist, it’s so exhausting being in the eye of it.
      Try and call WA back as soon as you can, they can help you

IWMB 💕💕

KIP.
      Participant

He cannot stop you seeing your children. You need to let the police know what is going on. The domestic abuse police. They can get you the help you need. Block him on your phone and email. If he turns up ring the police. These men are bullies and until you stand up to them they will continue to bully. Contact your local women’s aid and a solicitor. You need a legal contact agreement in place where the police will arrest him if he refuses to hand over your child. It’s upto you to take back control. The help is out there for you. There not so big when police and courts get involved.

diymum@1
      Participant

Confronting a bullie is the only way unfortunately. It is best to let the professionals deal with this though, as it will only escalate without their clout so to speak. You’ll be in panic mode that’s only natural, these guys put us into a tail spin! Sit yourself down try to breathe and when you can think methodically. Write down who you need to contact and what you need to do. It was the only way I could think straight personally. This will ease and he will get a fright, he can’t get one over on these professionals collectively. You might come across some who are less understanding than others but keep chipping away. Someone has to take responsibility for your safety and your kids safety. It’s your right to demand that. Xx 💕 DIY ✌ good luck and sending you a hug and support xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content