Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

……………Enough of this pathetic trauma bonding after i got screwed over and almost sent to the asylum over some crazy psycho, after some excellent advice i feel a little titillation is in order and i plan on getting laid on my holidays (removed by moderator) X

Ayanna
      Participant

Right on! But make sure he is free from HIV, Herpes, Cytomegalie, Epstein Barr, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea … x*x

Escaped not free
      Participant

Good for you!!!!
      So you should!!!!
      Enjoy!:-) x*x

Confused123
      Participant

have fun on your holiday but remember to stay safe

Serenity
      Participant

The title of your post cracked me up.

Enjoy yourself!

But remember: be wary of predators and don’t out yourself at risk.

X*x

Anonymous
      Inactive

That made me smile, remember safe sex and stay safe, have a lovely holiday x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Make him wear a condom. ,😉

godschild
      Participant

You may get even more hurt having sex with stranger, he will only be after one thing and may leave you feeling even worse, you won’t know him or what he may do to you, it may sound like a good idea, but think really carefully, many many men cannot be trusted x

Thanks for your feedback ladies, i might not go the full monty, but I am going to leave myself open to at least flirting on holiday if i see someone i like. I have been 100% committed to one person for over two years and the thought of even flirting with anybody else is alien to me. But due to awful yearning and trauma bonding, yearning and missing an abusive man, I think it will do me good to realize in fact he is only one of trillions of men on this planet. X*X

Anonymous
        Inactive

Hey good for you! Do whatever you feel comfortable doing. Sounds like you were open to a brief holiday romance with no attachment, and it worked a little magic for you. You have one life, it’s yours to live. Take very good care of you S xx

Spacedout
      Participant

Good on you

SaharaD
      Participant

I’m going to go along the lines of Godschild’s post.

Most DV/DA organisations recommend waiting 2 years before getting involved in another relationship.

I think that I don’t want another relationship so I interpret that as two-years before getting romantically, emotionally, or sexually entangled with someone again.

I got as far as 20months before dating several men. I am now out over 2years and so far I have been ok with the dating.

I get regular checkups at the GUM clinic (condoms aren’t 100%) and have a Mirena/IUS/coil

I am just saying be cautious because the short time that you have been out usually means that you are still emotionally frail. Wouldn’t want you to do something with someone that you would later regret and beat yourself up over.

Thank you all so much for your feedback, i’m going to put the getting laid on hold, my emotions are all over the place at the moment so it was probably an off the cuff remark. X

Well I, ve had a little dalliance on holiday ☺ during which time I felt attractive, desirable, & wanted. My ex succeeded in making me feel small, worthless, mentally screwed up & ugly. I won’t see this person again but it has made me feel like a normal woman not some oddity. X

Anonymous
        Inactive

Hi Healthyarchive, Glad you enjoyed your holiday and your flirtation. Hopefully it has shown you that not every man is like your ex and that further down the line when you are ready you may have a healthy relationship with someone else. xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi

Glad you had a fun time on holiday.

I think its good to know that you are able to have an intimate relationship again its a hurdle we have to cross if we want to move on finding what we can or can’t deal with.

FS xx

Confused123
      Participant

Hi

Hope you had good holiday

Serenity
      Participant

Glad you had a good time X

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content