Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kitty
      Participant

I’ve put a few posts on here about how my ex is still controlling me via our joint property, renting it out without my permission etc……

I gave him one final opportunity to play fair; he declined. So the very next day I served a (detail removed by Moderator) on him for the property, as well as writing to his tenant explaining all of the errors he had made with regard to the house. (Not getting permission from mortgage lender, not paying fees or the mortgage etc).

I will get legal aid because of all the abuse (I have the necessary evidence) for the divorce and for the dividing of assets etc so I am pretty much covered on that. He won’t get legal aid, so as far as I can see he has pretty much bitten his nose off to spite his face over the whole matter.
      I wrote to the bank, sending screen shots of the lies he sent me claiming that they gave him permission to let the property. I also stated that I do not authorise nor ever will authorise the letting of my property. For all I care the bank can take the house. I would rather be free of him than have a rental income at the expense of my freedom.

I haven’t heard from him since……………

I have a solicitor appointment, and am going to (detail removed by Moderator). I’ve had enough of the bullying and the lies. I’ve gathered LOTS of evidence to prove that his texts were all lies, and have started an A4 folder with screen shots of the lies, along with the evidence of each incident of lies.

I’m actually not scared of him retaliating. If he does, it will just strengthen my case. I’m sick of hiding, worrying he will come to my house etc. The next few months will be challenging, but it will be worth it to get rid of him.

Serenity
      Participant

Well done Kitty!

Yes, I printed out on A4 all his financial and psychological threats etc. The judge had a good look at them!

I also got legal aid because of the level of post-separation abuse aimed at me.

He wasn’t entitled to legal aid, and though he could easily afford a solicitor, he couldn’t get one really, as he is a skinflint and he was also pretending to be penniless!

I think it’s so great that you have done all this in such a short time!

What do you tell yourself about his financial abuse? I still can’t believe that money is all my ex really loves.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Kitty you go girl xx

It was liberating reading your post.

FS xx

Ayanna
      Participant

Wonderful! Tear him apart until nothing is left of him! He deserves to go to jail for the fraud he committed.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content