Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Aaaaga
      Participant

Hi. I’ve been in abusive relationship for a few years now. We’ve got child together. He is mentally abusive, physically, financial and now even sexual. I belived before he could change. I belived if I showed him good, eventually he will be good. I’m angry. For the first time I let myself being angry at him. I finally see him as he is. I won’t change him. I don’t even want to change him anymore. Got proofs (video and screenshoots) I won’t let him do it to me anymore. Out child can’t growing up in environment like this. I’m not scared anymore. The only thing I’m scared off is telling my family. They won’t judge me but it will hurt them so bad if they found out what I’ve been through with him. I finally realise he never cared for me or never truly love me. Reading all diffrent stories I realise I’m not on my own and that there’s a way out. Keep going girls. Thank you for this forum. Good luck to all of you x

maddog
      Participant

Well done you!! I didn’t tell my family for a long time. I still don’t tell them much. It’s too gruesome and I don’t expect they want to know. If they ask I just say that the authorities are involved and I have nothing further to add. I don’t expect them to understand.

dustypink
      Participant

Hi,
      I didn’t want to tell my family too, for a long time.
      But since I told, I have my mum to support me. Even she doesn’t understand me fully, he loves me and I can talk to her about this when I need.
      Eventually I was in panic and told my brother. I never was too close to him and wasn’t expecting he will give such a huge support to me! I am so happy that this awful situation made us so close!
      Also I have one of my friends supporting me, and I even don’t know her for a long.
      Don’t be scared, you never know where you’ll find help & support.

KIP.
      Participant

My family were really really supportive. My mum said she wished I had told her sooner so that she could have supported me. It’s important that they know so that he cannot manipulate them and I also asked my family to go no contact which they did as any contact would trigger me. Women’s Aid were fantastic and if you can get their support perhaps they can be with you to explain to your family. It was never your fault x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content