Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Retilequeen
      Participant

Hi I’m new to this forum. Just wanted to say hi. Still currently in my relationship but planning to leave.

My abuse is mostly emotional. He has been physical in the past but not for a while.

Erm not sure what else to say really.

Lottieblue
      Participant

Hello there!
      I’ve seen your other post too.
      It’s good to have said hello and told us what point you are at in your relationship. What support do you have or have you been able to get for yourself? You are absolutely right that you need a plan, and it has to be a solid one, not just so that you don’t put yourself in danger, but so that you have confidence, so you feel strong, so your head knows that you can do this!

Are there any children involved?
      Have you spoken to a solicitor?
      Have you had advice from Women’s Aid?

Have a really good read around the other topics on this forum as you may well find a lot of good advice in them. There is a massive range of situations – physical abuse / emotional abuse / both. Haven’t left yet / have left / have tried to leave but come back. Children together / children from previous relationships / no children and so on.

Also, have you read any books? There are three that are particularly good: Lundy Bancroft “why does he do that”, Shannon Thomas “healing from hidden abuse” and Pat Craven “living with the dominator”.
      It sounds like you already know that you are being abused, and you have already decided to leave your relationship, but information is power, and the better you understand what you are dealing with, the more likely you are going to be able to make a clean break.

Above all… keep coming back! We are all here to support each other.

LB x

Retilequeen
      Participant

Hi haven’t got a huge amount of support. Relatives live approximately (detail removed by moderator). Friends have slowly dispersed over the years. I’m in contact with my local domestic abuse charity. I have also made my first police report, no charges will be bought at this time. However they have flagged my address.

Will check out the forum and also look at books to maybe read.

I just don’t feel very strong at the moment.

Retilequeen
      Participant

Also yes we have 2 children together. Which is my main concern at the moment. The last time I tried to break things off he took them unscheduled or planned and didn’t bring them back until he had no choice (no childcare).

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content