Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Princesshuggybear
      Participant

Many thanks to everyone who as sent caring messages even when go through so much themselves.
      I’m not sure where to go to get help and support in my area. This last couple of weeks have been some of the hardest since I split up from my husband. Even to the point that yesterday I felt like giving up on everything the new business and life. I usually love Christmas but this year I’m definitely bah humbug.
      I am in a new relationship but even struggle with that. Because of how my ex was he had several gril friends on the ago at a time. To the point he was always texting or emailing and then hide his phone. And my new BF is doing this now, so in my head is seeing someone else but when I ask he denies it. So not sure how to over come this.
      Part of me just wants to run away and hide from the world but I know if I do then he’s run. I look in the mirror and all I see or fat and ugly. I’m at the lowest I’ve been for over 12 months and feel I have no were to turn.

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi Princesshuggybear,

Welcome to the forum. You are not on your own dealing with your difficult situation. Keep reading the posts on here and posting as you need to. Knowledge is POWER. You will gain strength and power in dealing with these abusive men. Its too much to handle on your own.

You will gain awareness of what they’re up to, and what they’re capable of, and of their ‘insanity’ manifested in the way they treat other human beings. This will give you the upper hand in these relationships. Abusers ways and thoughts are so different to ours. We would never hurt anyone to feel good about ourselves, we would never relish seeing another person in pain so we could feel ‘powerful’. Unfortunately, our bully/abusers do. Their criminal mindset is so different to normal, caring human beings. They have no empathy, that’s why that can be so cruel and rejecting to women, children and animals (and cruel to other men too).

You are not to blame, its not you, its them and their warped personality.

You will learn all this from staying close to this forum. You have tremendous strength and humility already to post on this site, to ask for help (not try and deal with them on your own) and to have survived the abusive relationships so far. You will learn from this forum how lovely you are, you are forgiving, kind, resourceful person. You will see yourself in the other lovely ladies on here and realize you are way above your abuser (even though they tell you otherwise,). They are liars. They lie to ‘have power and control in the relationship.

Your ex and your present boyfriend do not deserve to have you in their lives. You are worth so much more than the two of them.

Keep posting.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content