Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      hop
      Participant

My family have shunned me. Exactly what I said to my mother would happen has happened. She won’t even look at me and that’s without me mentioning anything he did. My siblings clearly didn’t experience the same as me and call me a liar. I have no idea what to do. (detail removed by moderator) He has everything, has lost nothing. I can’t remember the last time I saw anyone I didn’t give birth to. I don’t know why I feel so hurt by it, they’ve never been any different. I just thought…. I don’t even know what I thought. I didn’t think they’d all f**k me off like this again. It’s lonely and I feel like I don’t even believe myself. My mum will side with any man trying to take me down and it hurts a lot. There’s nobody I’d put before my children but she makes that a bad, selfish thing.

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Freedomfries01. This is so sad. What you went through as a child’s was horrible and the last thing you need is the reaction that you are getting from your family right now. Maybe it is easier for your family to deny it happened rather than confront the fact that they let it happen and did nothing to stop it. It’s unjust and unhelpful.

I know it’s really hard to reach out to support groups (in the flesh) at the moment but I hope that you are able to find some comfort in your love for your children.

Is it worth taking a trip to your GP. Finding a counsellor who can walk you through this could be really helpful. xx

bumbum
      Participant

Im so sorry this is happening to you. I have been through something similar but am to scared to tell my family what happened. I have found therapy to be really helpful, hard but helpful. I recommend speaking to your GP about getting some help. You can also look for local charities that might be able to provide support.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content