Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Supermum
      Participant

I did it! I left. All the kids are with me, we are staying somewhere safe, he’s looking for somewhere to live so we can return home. I feel like a nomad, but I’m able to go to bed and wake up without any pressure for sex. I’ve had wine without worrying I’ll let my guard down. The kids have felt able to do normal stuff like play music, watch tv, eat a family meal, all without criticism or shouting, it’s been remarkable really. Watching how normal and well behaved they really are, and how relaxed without him around, despite us being away from home. It’s only the start, but I am sure I’ve done the right thing.

Tiffany
      Participant

I am so glad. I would maybe try writing down a list of all the reasons that you are glad you are out – to remind you on the days you waver, as well as the widely recommended and really useful list of abusive incidents which can be really useful to stop you returning. Sounds like you are motivated by the positives though, so a positives list could be the very thing.

I assume you are still in contact with your ex about the house, and maybe can’t go no contact yet, but definitely try to keep contact to a minimum and only about practicalities not feelings.

Good luck with your abuse free life! Well done again for leaving. Keep posting if you need support.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Supermum,

Well done, it is brilliant to hear you have left! It must have taken so much courage to leave, you have absolutely done the right thing. Be very proud of yourself!

I wish you the best of luck with your new life away from abuse. Let us know how you are when you can.

Take care,

Lisa

KIP.
      Participant

Hey supermum, well done. In my experience he is going nowhere. If he wanted to leave he wouldn’t have let you and your children move out. He would have gone by now. I think you should get some legal advice. Ring Rights for Women who offer free legal advice. Don’t let your guard down and don’t believe a word he says. I’m glad you’re enjoying your freedom, just remember how good it feels x

Dragonfly
      Participant

Well done. Love this x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content