Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Halfwayout
      Participant

Hi guys!
      Its been (detail removed by moderator) now since we(me & grown up kids) got out, and yes it was a moonlight flit as we say up here, but its the best thing thats happened in years.
      I haven’t been on the forum for long but there are some pretty sound ladies out there who you should listen too, @kip! You are one.
      My journey out has taken a couple of years to get where I am now, after years of unknown abuse, its still a mess(solicitors wise) but my little Rome will get build.
      I have some amazing family and friends who I can see again & have around me and its like pinching yourself everyday to remind myself that I have them on tap.
      So, I Just want to say, hang in there and trust your instinct make it happen.

EbonyRaven
      Participant

Thank you for making the time to post, and encourage other ladies, that’s so lovely. Really pleased you’re doing ok, that’s great. 🙂

KIP.
      Participant

👍 it was the same advice from wonderful ladies on here before me that got me through so I’m just passing forwards. It’s good to hear you’re doing well. You deserve it. It’s also good to know that my abuse and experience can help others, turning a negative into a positive is healing for me too. Just keep going ✊️ Power to you x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Glad to hear you’re out. Its a scary move. For me, it was an unexpected day home alone when my ex disinvited me from a family do. Criticised afterwards by his lawyer for not telling him I was off.

Nice one. Incredible these solicitors sometimes aren’t they?
      Did anyone criticise your ex NOS for ‘disinviting you to a family do’?

ftc
      x

Halfwayout
      Participant

Yes, Noonespecial I get the dis-invite thing and then my ex told his own kids & family that I was invited, I wasn’t even on the invite list.
      You give reassuring advice Kip and I hopefully will do a bit of payback in the future. xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content