Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      lostblonde
      Participant

I know I need to get out and leave, but I’m terrified. What if he’s right? That it’s all in my head and that I can’t cope on my own.

Somehow he’s seen things on my phone or computer that he shouldn’t have been able to. I’ve been subjected to a round of screaming and gaslighting. He’s now told me that I’m the abuser and that he’s scared of me.

Further to that he’s now acting like nothing happened. I feel like I’m going insane.

I know I need to leave but I’m not sure I can. I’m in a lot of debt and on a DMP, not sure anyone would want to rent to me.

Ariadne
      Participant

Hi @lostblonde,

I can understand how this is confusing and has worn you down. I have felt this too, having his words stick to my brain and making me doubt my own strength and judgement, having him blame-shift…
      It is not easy dealing with this. It’s awful that he is invading your privacy.
      I don’t know what you can do about the rent, but please contact your local domestic abuse charity. I am sure they could find you some solution to this! And find a way to write about your experience, or talk about it. Make sure that it is not getting infiltrated by his words and manipulations!

Take care of yourself <3

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content