Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

On and of all the time. I’m terrified of future scared of all the responsibility. I’m recapping on the last nearly 2 decades and how I’ve wrecked my kids life’s I just don’t think il be same ever again x

Serenity
      Participant

You haven’t wrecked your kids’ lives. You did so well under such difficult circumstances- and you are still doing well.

Unfortunately, these abusers seem to creep their way into marriage and family situations, by pretending they are someone else at the beginning.

He is the one who should be feeling guilty.

Please don’t feel guilty, because then you won’t feel that you deserve to go after nice things and find joy and happiness- but you do!

So many women suffer like we have. Maybe some men too, if their female partners were the perpetrators. The worst thing that can happen is for victims to begin blaming themselves for their abuser’s behaviour: they have suffered enough by being with the abuser, and punish themselves do that they don’t feel entitled to find peace and happiness after they have left. We as victims must fight against this self-blame. 💛

Falling Skys
      Participant

Big hugs xx

You haven’t wrecked your childrens lives you are all victims of an abuser.

Things wont be the same same thank god it will be better for you and your children.

I cried so much at one time but things get easier, I know I will never understand why his head works like it does he is just evil.

I say I did all the wrong things for all the right reasons.

You are not alone and you will get through it.

FS xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

If your kids are anything like mine they’re resilient, are busy learning their own lessons from life’s experiences, and very probably admiring the strength and kindness (amongst other great qualities I’m sure you have) that they see in you. We don’t ruin lives – alter the course of them, maybe. If you can, try to live in the moment, rather than dwell on the past. It’s a sad place and no matter how hard you think about it, you can do nothing to change it. Now is all you have – that you can work with. Take very good care of you x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content