Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I had to change the locks on my door and garden gate. I have to set all my social media settings to private. I had to change my email address. I had to change my mobile number. I had to remove people on social media that might know him. I had to change my bbehaviour; go to shops I know he wouldn’t, go for runs where I know he wouldn’t, make sure I always had someone else with me, keep my personal alarm on me at all times. I even dyed my hair so I couldn’t be recognised from behind or afar. I have to remain aware of my surroundings all the time just in case he turns up.

He didn’t have to change anything. He wasn’t even charged.

Dragon
      Participant

Just wanted to send some hugs and support. This sounds horrible. Have you spoken to WA? xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

You’re a smart very pro-active woman! I remember going through this with someone. I ended moving to the other side of the continent. That worked quite well actually. I don’t like you being in danger here….. how can we help?

Scottish Thistle
      Participant

I had to change the locks on the house and garden gate too. I came off social media as even with my accounts private certain ‘friends’ were checking my account and passing things on too. When I do go back on there will be a big clear out! I have also had to block his number on my phone to stop any calls and messages, had to check ‘find my friends’ was off as we used to have that on. I also try and change my route and time of a walk but he will usually spot me at some time or another due to his driving job.

WA and my solicitor have been a massive help in keeping me right with what to do, how to keep myself safe and learn who I can fully trust with information.

it always seems to be us that changes, mine kept saying he would change – did for a while then the cycle would start up again – I got fed of the cycle and broke it. Mine is only quite at the moment as he has a new girlfriend but he is still trying to torment me in other ways.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content