Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lifebegins
      Participant

…..as I’ve just had some really c**p financial news today which will have dire consequences for me. This issue has been dragged out for years by my ex, with me doing all the work, yet we’re equal partners and apparently nothing I can do about it, just have to keep doing everything and he reaps the rewards. I’m so close to actually getting out of the situation after putting up such a fight in court (self-repping) and I really thought it was nearly there, this giant noose around my neck finally lifted and wham, another blow out of nowhere. It is just one thing after another and another. I think I’ve had about 6 weeks in the years since I left where I had some peace and that’s it. If it’s not child contact issues, it’s 3rd party issues or business issues or mortgage issues or maintenance issues. On and on and on it goes. No respite. I really cannot take anymore. If I didn’t have my child I’d just pack my stuff and disappear and let them bankrupt me. Because it might happen anyway even after all this stress and hard work and years of worry. My mental health is really struggling with setback after setback and post separation abuse. I don’t know what to do. I’ve got no one to give advice. All this has been going on so long I don’t want to talk about with family and friends as I think they’re sick of hearing it. I’m sick of talking about it. I just want some peace and not to face financial ruin. I dint know if I’ll ever be able to come back from this but if that’s going to be the case anyway, I just want it to be over now rather than fighting on with the continued stress. But I can’t just walk away as I’m the only one providing for my child and putting a roof over their head. Apologies im rambling and I’m not even making sense to myself. I feel so exhausted and beaten, I just want to roll into a ball. Im hoping a good cry will be a release but it’s not working yet 😭xx

Hiya@
      Participant

I just wanted to reply to say , I have read your post and I am really sorry it’s so very tough for you at the moment. I dunno I am using this forum to just put all this pent up stuff out there, because alternatives are not always available late at night or early in the morning.
      I can’t comment on your situation but I do hear that it sounds relentless and c**p and you have been holding it all together and you are exhausted. Believe me you are not alone.

MovingTarget
      Participant

Same. I’m about to write a post about it x

MovingTarget
      Participant

Same. I’m about to write a post about it x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content