Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariel
      Participant

He has been tired lately and gets really grumpy and quick tempered.
      We were arranging an event and he said about do I want a certain package I answered that’s it’s unnecessary. He replied that all women that’s he’s ever known would need this certain package/deal (I’m trying to stick to forum guidelines by being vague). Anyway He kept on and on and i said just take my answer that I won’t need the package and it’s unnecessary add on to the already expensive event. He said to me are you annoyed so I said no I just want you to accept my answer. He then went off talking/shouting to me like a child that I lied and I should know how much he hates that.
      Sometimes he talks to me like I’m being told off my the headmaster and I just freeze because of past experiences. He then threatened to leave and I said go if you want to. He then ignored me for the rest of the night and this morning said he’s not happy with my behaviour, as in the fact I lied.
      Maybe I am causing this because I didn’t just say he annoyed me but I was trying not to annoy him even more as he was already in a foul mood. But I’m the one in the wrong again although he thinks i never admit I’m wrong maybe I don’t I don’t know.

nbumblebee
      Participant

Never ever will they admit when they are wrong nor will they ever say sorry. Its pointless to argue. I make my point and i stand by it I never raise my voice or argue back there is no point I wont ever win. It feels like a submission but actually its not you are putting in a boundry you are saying you shout all you like you call me names I will not bring myself down to your level cause I am better than that. You made your point thats your right to do so you are allowed an opinion its just they hate us having one and cant handle it when we do.
      You did nothing wrong his reaction was wrong he was wrong not you. Stay safe stay strong xx

Eyesopening
      Participant

You know what gave me strength when I was with my abuser, lots and lots of reading and watching youtube to understand just what he was and understand all his tactics.
      Then once you know exactly what they are doing, can clearly see they are jsut trying to mess with you. You haev the upper hand and you can Grey rock. That is when you get your power back becuase you are not giving him the reactions he wants. Your not wasting your energy on figuring out what he wants, on trying to put your point over. Its all a waste of energy. No matter what you say, do, nothing will change, they will find a way to mess with you to sap your energy, to confuse you, to abuse you.
      Grey Rock all the way.
      x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content