Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Alittlelost
      Participant

I cant bring myself to leave. Ive been trying for ages. After a recent suicide attempt my boyf has started treating me well again and im falling for it. Im never going to be able to leave. He even brought me a valentines present. Ive not had a gift from him in years. Im sucked in again but i do remember all the underlying bad abuse issues. Im so fonfused. I dont think il ever be able to leave.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You will when you’re ready. We all feel like that. Have you spoken to anyone at WA about your situation?

You’re right he’s just trying to suck you back in aagain. It’s what they do. Try reading Lundy Bancroft’s “Why Does He Do That?”. It really opened my eyes.

Scapegoat
      Participant

I hope you’re ok? Have you got anybody who could support you in leaving? Like somewhere to go for a while? I’m really sorry you felt like ending things and can only imagine how helpless you feel. Have you tried speaking to your GP? As I really think you need someone to talk to.
      I feel like you ( I’m not trying to belittle how you feel) in that I feel helpless, cannot leave, have nowhere to turn or feel like a burden or feel like things will get worse. So like you there are lots of times when I feel like ending it is the only way out. But then I think of my son, who it would destroy as I’m sure there are people close to you who’d feel the same. He’s not worth losing your life for. You’ve been really brave in speaking up. I’m sorry I can’t help you more. Sending big hugs and love❤️💕

Alittlelost
      Participant

Thanks for ur replies. Im going to a local womans aid support group but do many people attend i dont get chance to say much. Im sure i will figure something out.

KIP.
      Participant

Can you ask to speak to someone at women’s aid on your own. Try to ask for a one to one appointment x I found the groups overwhelming

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content