• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi I am aware that most of us think our abusers must have a mental illness & that is separate from abuse. I still feel sure my abuser had schizophrenia & mad because things were so different with him :- He definitely heard things that were not there, he’d ask “did you hear that” I’d say what, as there had been nothing to hear, he’d then explode “No you fn wouldn’t would you, your gone in the fn head” He Accused me of trying to poison him, I’d hidden (detail removed by Moderator) to make him ill! He ranted about s**m he could feel on spotlesly clean bath, plates, etc saying he could see it, feel it. Over years my only honeymoon period was not being scolded daily never any sorrys I won’t do it again! Never any I love you or affection shown. Sexual lying he was vile, like he didn’t care only for his own momentary satisfaction, even when I’d been in serious pain he continued! He abused me in public, also would say out loud offensive things to strangers, He lived his life in anger, to everyone & everything but his main anger was to me, my son, his mum, his sister! I just feel sure my abuser also has serous mental health issues too? x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sorry I meant he also had npd not mad!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I feel my ex had a mental illness too
      Like me . But he never opened up to me and I did not deserve the abuse ..I feel i did heal him .but for me iam suffering now ..
      But iam in a much better place now .so i will forgive him

Anonymous
        Inactive

Hi Lauren, I felt guilty leaving & said sorry, I forgive him a million times, but in the end the abuse git so bad I became mentally ill myself, still struggling a lot. I’m so pleased you are in a lot better place now, that must have taken a great deal of courage. I hope in time I can be as strong too x

Anonymous
        Inactive

Ps sorry for typing error I meant Lamfree x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content