Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

The DV services in my area have been cut. I am told it’s a national move.

I was lucky to have these services when I most needed them.

I have a part time job that fits in with my kids etc. I won’t go full time for a couple of years.

I have decided to engage passionately in DV support in my area. We women need eachother. I’m starting a coffee group for abused women.

I can’t believe the government / council doesn’t have this as a priority. I was so lucky to be empowered by a free Pattern Changing course and weekly support and expertise- and human kindness. It’s appalling that other women won’t have this, and I am going to do something about it.

godschild
      Participant

Good for you Serenity the Goverment cut everything that supports the oppressed the disabled and those most in need.
      I was shocked when told by Adult services in my area that the council give no support whatsoever for DV Victims.

KIP.
      Participant

A great idea. I’d like to do something like that when I’m stronger. You can use all your experience. You may even get lottery funding or funding from local government. Maybe to pay for a local hall. There are no support groups where I live too. Shocking x

Ayanna
      Participant

You are amazing!
      We are on our own. Like 100 years ago. We are back in the dark ages.

betterdays
      Participant

That’s fantastic serenty yes we all do need to stick together they should be a lot more x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content