Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariel
      Participant

I can’t work out if it’s my job as I’m not happy there anymore.
      I don’t know if it’s my partners irratic moods (no violence) just strange moods. Like he’s quiet, then depressed then bouncing off the walls.
      Ps I’m out of my DV relationship but still very unsettled in this one. He’s lovely but is very all over the place and has episodes of not working and drinking daily.
      I don’t sleep since I have been with him which is a few years now. It’s always like I’m waiting for our relationship to start. He lives with me but I don’t feel content and I can’t put my finger on it.

Bananaboat
      Participant

Could you be living in survival mode because your gut is telling you you’re not ‘safe’ or settled in this current situation – whether that’s job, your relationship or home? If your partner is all over the place your body & mind will probably not be resting as they don’t know what version they’ll get, which is very similar to life in dv and could his behaviour be triggering ptsd type reactions maybe. x

Ariel
      Participant

Thankyou, I totally agree with the triggering. Even though the moods are different to my ex the change in them I think must be triggering my anxiety and preparing me for what I used to think was about to come.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content