Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Millionpieces
      Participant

Hi,
      It’s been months since I move out, no contact and cut everything related to him. But after last week he missed call I remember things I did. Last attempt I did was contact my landlord and wanted to give notice about the rent but even I am the one who deal with everything. Sign first contract, looking after the flat, deal with most work but his name is I. The last four years in contract. I did it bcouse I felt I am the one who build the life that he enjoy. It’s was jealousy talk, I don’t want him to bring his new gf or his friend live with him. But the landlord don’t want to do it on my behalf. They rather to keep the rent money flow. I just remember he just try to contact me about money. He did said that he give so much things. He bought me a car (removed by moderator) , he paid my holiday back home, and from his point I owe him all the money he spent for me.
      I felt bad, he accusing me I used him in our relationship. Is it true? Why I contact landlord? Did I tried to “ruin” his life? Is it wrong if I don’t want to be happy on top of life I build with him?

Ayanna
      Participant

You do not owe him anything.
      Did I understand you right that you still pay his rent?
      What is the problem with the flat and the landlord?

How much does he say that you owe him and what was this for? When did he ask you for this money?

Suntree
      Participant

If your name is not on the contract stop paying and politely tell the landlord you are nothing to do with it.
      If your name is on the contact go get legal advice.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content