Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hes thinking now ive changed my number

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there. Ive been through what youre going through and you can drive yourself mad thinking about it. I had a rubber band round my wrist and would ping it every time my mind wandered to thoughts like that. You cant predict what these men will do. All you can do is keep yourself safe. Try to concentrate on you and your recovery. He will live rent free in your head if you let him. I know its very difficult and it took me a very long time to get him out of my head. Try to do something distracting when you get these thoughts. I had a couple of mindless dvds that i would watch or try googling ‘mindfulness’. Distraction and relaxation exeecise.

Serenity
      Participant

In an ideal world, he would be reflecting on what he’d done to make you do that.

Bit abusers aren’t so self-reflective. He will just be angry that you’ve taken control and he will be missing the attention he gets.

What he thinks isn’t as important as you working to feel free from him. Focus on doing things that don’t involve him and building a future away from him, day by day x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content