• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

that……..amid all the turmoil, chaos, confusion, self doubt, self sabotage, fear, onslaught of attacks because you just want to be respected and cared for, loved, and valued that……..

you really Could have all that…….Imagine what it would be like….

You’d have someone who –

Was consistent with their behavior towards you. Not saying they don’t have their flaws, we all do, however, when it comes down to them stomping on your head all the time then – there’s a problem…

But imagine that, that wasn’t the case, like ever. They make a mistake and they think better of it “on their own” and sincerely apologize and here’s the good part – they actually DO something ABOUT their behavior!! I love that one.

Imagine that – you don’t take responsibility FOR their shortcomings all the time and give Codependency a whole new high in your life because – you consider yourself more worthy than to always think of their feelings and put yours on the back burner.

Imagine that – your someone special doesn’t ever pick you apart and instead always talks about and appreciates the wonderful attributes you have and is grateful and shows that gratitude.

Imagine that – you don’t always beat yourself up with your self critic in your head because you believe that everything is all your fault and you start to love yourself because – you deserve to be loved and appreciated and if you don’t do that for yourself – no one else will.

Imagine that – it’s not your responsibility to fix everything in someone’s life. It’s not your fault that their life goes wrong. And you are no one’s punching bag physically, emotionally or mentally.

Imagine that – YOU have every right to be happy, peaceful, healthy, curious, playful, goofy, You just have every right to BE who YOU are. You have that right.

Imagine that – you could have days, nights where………your environment and your life is what YOU want it to be.

If you can Imagine it, Think It then guess what??? YOU CAN DO IT!!! How else would we have ever learned to fly or create electricity or walk on the moon or have rights for women?

If you do not claim that right as your own, someone else WILL claim it as their own. Soooo…. let’s be about claiming what is ours, yes? And not in words only, but in ACTION!!! Make that candle a Flame, make it a ROARING FIRE inside you!!! WE don’t need to do fixer uppers. They do come ready made. They are out there but we have to consider ourselves worthy enough for that, otherwise if we don’t then – we will always be prey for predators. We attract to ourselves what we deeply believe we are worthy of.

Onlyintime
      Participant

I love this. 💗

Anonymous
      Inactive

Onlyintime…..and I So Love that you Love it!!!

lover of no contact
      Participant

Fabulous post Braelynn. So uplifting. These parts in particular spoke to me….

Imagine that- your someone special doesn’t ever pick you apart.

Imagine that-it’s not your responsibility to fix everything in someone else’s life. It’s not your fault their life goes wrong.

Imagine that- You have the right to be happy, peaceful, healthy, curious, playful, goofy- you have every right to Be who You are.

Imagine that- You could have days, nights where- your environment and your life is what You want it to be.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Lover of no contact…..Love the name!!! It’s all true, right? We spend time imagining all the fear and how to curl up in a ball and not make THEM unhappy! Well now, I think it’s time to flip things around, yes? And it all starts in our own head. You have all the power you need to make all of this true. When staring at a mountain in my way and asked – well missy, how do you think you’re going to do this one? My reply….oh I don’t know but – I will. Go around it, under it, through it. Fly over it maybe. But I have imagined that it won’t be an obstacle long.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Our imagination is what keeps us sane, it’s the imagining what could be that makes it be.how and when we get there is up to us.
      IWMB 💞💞

lover of no contact
      Participant

Inspiring attitude- love it. We’ll all help each other get over the obstacles sharing our experience, strength and hope:)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Check this out….so little caterpillar looks at herself and says I’m not beautiful, not like a butterfly…but decides she can imagine it. Spins her cocoon and starts manifesting that intention. Pretty soon wings are sprouting and she starts beating them against the sides until they are dry, never stopping. Next time she sees herself – she has beautiful wings! What if little caterpillar never imagined it? It’s such a powerful first step!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content