Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have recently asked to have my medical records. I’ve read them and over the last few decades alot of my abuse is recorded. This is a new right through data protection. One way of collecting evidence is going through your GP if your trying to go for a conviction. Not sure if this helps but I’m hanging on to my notes just incase I decide to take this further. Xx

LozzyX
      Participant

It is helpful to know this. Whilst I hope I never have to report my husband to the police (he has never hit me), the helpline advised me to tell my doctor why I am depressed so I did explain a bit more to my Dr about my situation .. not sure if she made a note as to whether I am suffering from a form of abuse or not though.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Looking at my notes they document everything word for word. I think it’s good evidence as it’s written in third party and by a professional. I made sure that I got it over clearly that my symptoms of anxiety were directly related to contact with him. It’s a good way to help prove emotional abuse. I’m glad this helps a wee bit xx ☺

LozzyX
      Participant

Omg I didn’t think about this …. When I was in hospital for an operation they had my medical notes and hubby read through them just out of curiosity really …. So now I am freaking out… If I end up in hospital again whilst still with him will he see that written down in the file???

Anonymous
      Inactive

No it might have just been your consent form and blood pressure. Even you wouldn’t be allowed to read them without permission. The main notes are mainly on the computer system now so he wouldn’t have read anything. My notes were print outs. Hope I haven’t panicked you, that wasn’t my intention. Sorry about that. Don’t be scared to get things documented x

I think caution is advised here especially if you are still married as there is a long history of men shipping women off to psychiatric wards, having told their G.Ps and so called professionals that they (we) were ‘imagining’ abuse. It still happens. Don’t mean to scare anyone but thank the goddess I am divorced.
      Don’t get married girls…
      all best
      ftc
      x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi there, (detail removed by moderator).  I always was told your records are confidential that confidentiality is only breached if they think you would harm yourself or someone else. It might be worth asking the GP. Xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content