Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Free5
      Participant

I have just found out im pregnant just feel so confused about it I haven’t told anyone yet

Lavenderrose
      Participant

try and stay calm….I know easier said than done. don’t feel pressured to make any decisions, you need time and space. sending love xx

Free5
      Participant

I’m trying to stay calm but not easy my head is already all over the place since separating just so much to think about what a mess already trying to think ahead whether he should be involved in this or not I’m seeing my domestic violence support worker this week so may have to have a chat with her about it

Flowerchild
      Participant

Do tell your support worker first, darling. There’s an awful lot to think about. A child means potentially having the abuser with a foot in the door for the next twenty years or more. That’s why they often force risky situations even of you don’t want a baby.

The choice is yours, even the choice of telling him or not. Be very careful who you do tell as it could get back to him.

Huge hugs,

Flower x

Free5
      Participant

We have a child together already that he will see I think for now I will tell my mum and the support worker I need to process the situation too it has been quite a shock as I was on the pill but I know I couldn’t terminate I just wouldn’t be able to do that just guess I will have to talk it through with people and make the decisions when I need to

diymum@1
      Participant

make sure you dont put him on the birth certificate xx id get the heads up with a solicitor how to go about this at the earliest stage possible. know where you stand xx this should be such a happy time for you too xx luv diymum

Free5
      Participant

Can I do this I thought you had to put the dad the birth certificate we are married too not sure if that makes a difference

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content