• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I think I can find it really easy to focus on how I’ve been utterly destroyed and the man aims to do more. But amongst all this, I’ve managed to pick myself up enough to get a good job, am studying a really hard course and am making ever bigger strides towards thinking of myself as a real person.

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

That’s great freedoms, you deserve to feel very proud of yourself. Abusers make us feel so dehumanised that it takes such time and effort just to feel like a real person again. He may have aims to destroy you, but he has failed and you have succeeded! 👍

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you. It kind of feels like I have to just keep running even if I’m in the same place in order to overcome obstacles in my life

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content