Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Stillirise
      Participant

I left (detail removed by Moderator) yrs ago, my ex husband has found out our location, we desperately need to move, i have two teenagers with autism so they cant be without me, how do i get to move to another area near family for support an saftey? My housing are refusing to help us, ive been told not to advertise my home for a swap as he may find our address, is there anyway to get moved? I know refuge wont take us now due to my children’s ages BUT there must be something? Someway to move an feel safe, as we live in fear 😱

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Stillirise,

I would normally advise you to try the Women’s Aid Live chat but it looks like it’s offline atm. However, it may just be my laptop or a temporary problem. Here is the link for you to check. https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

If you have no luck please call your local domestic abuse charity. If you do not know who they are then you can find out by following this link.

Domestic Abuse Directory

You could also try the national domestic abuse helpline. 0808 2000 247

I hope you manage to get some help quickly. xx

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, Stillirise, my favourite poem 💕. I’d talk to the police about my concerns. The domestic abuse unit. They often have agencies they can signpost you to. You could also contact the council in the area you want to move to. Citizens advice are another organisation that helped me. They will know your rights as a victim of domestic abuse. Your local council have a duty of care towards you so may be able to offer a temporary swap within that area. Victim support were also great. They have a victims fund you might be able to access for deposits and moving expenses etc. Keep reaching out. Meantime make sure you’re safe. Let the police know you are concerned. They could put a marker on your home and phone in case you need them quickly.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Stillirise,

Just to let you know I have sent you a private message with some information.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Stillirise
      Participant

Thankyou for your help

Ive contacted the live chat an they have helped me
      Its nice to be listened to an understood, fingers crossed i will be free for good soon xx

Lisa
        Main Moderator

Hi Stillirise,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Great to hear you contacted the Live Chat and you feel supported. Well done for reaching out. We will always be here for you so keep posting if you are able to.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content