Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

It all came to a grinding halt just. The police are gone! He’s gone! after nearly a decade of this, I’m suddenly on my own. I guess it should feel like a good day? Why does it feel like a bad day? What am I supposed to feel now?

KIP.
      Participant

You will feel all sorts of things. Each of them are normal. It’s going to be a real rollercoaster with your brain trying to process abuse, loss, grief, fear, relief, sadness, anger, confusion, pain, to name a few. Do you have support. Anyone you can talk to. I used the Samaritans and the national domestic abuse helpline and also victim support. Just take baby steps. Make sure you eat and drink. Try to get some rest. Do you have any protection in place like bail conditions or a non molestation order? Do you need to change the locks? Do you have a women’s aid support worker helping you?

Hazydayz
        Participant

KIP Thankyou for your reply, for your support 💞 I feel like I brought this on myself? I feel so lost & lonely? I respect all that you wrote, you’ve been here, felt same. All I can say right now KIP too upset! I will get back to you x

Hazydayz
        Participant

Yes your right. All of those feelings.

iliketea
      Participant

wow, amazing, well done, you’re bound to feel deflated. I don’t have experience but I’ve been wondering about this too, when it happens. Can you have a hot bath, a drink, play loud music, whatever you do to switch off and relax. Something to stop your brain going round maybe, watch something? Most of all, look after you, sleep, eat, drink lots of water, stay well, and this is new beginnings. It will be ok, you will be ok. Well done. Big well done. Its a big and very brave step. xx

Hazydayz
        Participant

It hurts. Pain can’t be avoided. But thankyou for your support 💞

Wants To Help
      Participant

Well done Hazydayz for following this through. As Kip says, you are experiencing a plethora of emotions, the strange one being grief, and are awakening to a grim, dark and unfamiliar world right now. Instead of feeling strong right now you may be feeling numb. Just take your time and reflect on what you have been through, take it hour by hour, day by day. Grief hurts but love heals. Take the time to love yourself again, use this shattering experience you have been through to find a world full of colour, purpose and meaning. This is all part of the journey, you’ve already climbed one mountain, you are now on the second.
      Take care, look forward to the new you x

Hazydayz
        Participant

Thankyou for support, sensitivity, it helped x

Hazydayz
      Participant

😭

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Well done Hazydayz.
      You feel bad now because you can finally let go, you don’t need to be strong anymore, you can relax and with that emotions and pain will be all over the place. It is normal, it is heart-wrenching AND it will pass.
      Ask someone to take care of you, go live with a person close to your heart who prepares you your meals for the coming weeks if you have this possibility. Take special good care of yourself, sleep as much as you need to, drink water and if you’re unable to eat, just drink smoothies or soups. Nothing matters right now but to breathe and get rest and hugs. If you can go outside for walks in the nature, it helps. Otherwise inside, get all your cushions and pillows and teddy’s and embrace them and build a little fortress around you in your bed. It helps with feeling safe and protected. Guided online relaxation meditation also help with breathing and relaxing.
      You’ve done amazingly well, it will get better honey, sending you lots and lots of hugs and love 💕🌿🌸

Hazydayz
        Participant

Hello Hopelifejoy, I just found your message of support, so kind of you, thankyou💕

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content