Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Well I’ve been having neck pain traveling down my left arm pins and needles in.my fingers
      Doc requested I needed further investigation. So been to hospital for an emg and nerve study
      Found out that my left arm is very sluggish due to weakness .. i told hospital my past etc about what my ex did and how he covered it so well .doc reckons i also have nerve damage in my neck again from my ex

He said i probably never noticed as i was working .and now iam not working due to ptsd
      The pain has kicked in

I will never forgive my abuser for this i hoping one day he will pay .i dont want revenge i want justice after the police failed me

Relieved
      Participant

Sorry to hear you are in pain, it is a horrid reminder of what happened to you. I hope you get the right treatment to heal properly both physically and psychologically. Sending virtual hugs and healing thoughts x

Ayanna
      Participant

Aaarghh!!!!!
      I too have a few life long injuries (detail removed by Moderator).
      Constant reminders of what happened to me.

There is no justice for us because we are women.
      The entire system on this d****d planet is misogynist.

Nobody cares how we get on in life with these injuries.

If we were men we would get benefits for the injuries. As women we can either die of starvation or suffer daily at work.

Patriarchy wants every woman dead who resists abuse.

Nova
      Participant

Iamfree..so sorry to hear this..I’m hoping your getting proper medical support for the pain which is so stressful as well as hurting.
      It’s a hateful thing he has left you with, and you will slowly recover in freedom, (doesn’t make it any less tough though)
      We are affected by our past..in so many different ways, illnesses are another hateful reminder of what we have escaped, go easy with yourself, don’t try to push yourself too hard, ask for any help around..you can only do what you can atm..your the best judge of your body.

Hugs Cx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content