Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Cupcake
      Participant

Basically an incident happened (detail removed by moderator) which I disclosed to a domestic violence people. I’m working with a idva. I haven’t made a proper report to the police but with the help of my idva I feel I’m ready too now. My x partner forced sex I hate to say the word but rape. Its been really hard understanding what’s happened etc. Any the day after the incident my neck and chest had bite marks brushing. I covered it up with make up but was unsure if anyone could still see so I took a picture on my phone to see . I forgot all about that picture but the other day I was going through my photos and it was their. I emailed it to my idva . To be honest I’m not sure if I’m strong enough to report everything to the police I’m not sure. But is biting assault? X

shine bright 2
      Participant

Have had very similar experience police yold me biting is assault unless u asked someone to bite! In my cas they said that it wud also be evidence of rape. I too found it hard to admits thats what it was. Couldnt press charges…and regret it. Hope u can. Xx

Cupcake
      Participant

Hi I’m really sorry that happend to you. It’s hard to admit it I am struggling . I feel I might be wasting my time. The idva lady is supporting and will come with me. But how can they charge or anything with no real evidence x

Cupcake
      Participant

And do I want him charged? That’s in my head too. He’s the father of my (detail removed by moderator) young children even thourgh he doesn’t want to see them etc x

Indiamalachite
      Participant

Yes biting is assault and is taken seriously and as for the rape, I am going through this now with police. Hope you feel ok, it’s a horrible hard word to hear about yourself if you know what i mean. good luck and think about what you want to do and get some advice maybe xx

Indiamalachite
      Participant

ps if he’s doing that to you he will no doubt do it to someone else. i had a prosecution happen with my ex and in the end withdrew it all and he got away with a serious assault. I regret it as he never changed and made me go through all the hard stuff with social workers and police and carried on being abusive while keeping off the radar of all the agencies. Ive now made statement about an assault and rape and it will be one word against the other pretty much but at least they will have it on record even if they dont do anything. But its up to you and you should think it over carefully in terms of how you want to proceed.

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

I think it’s such a hard decision because at the time it all comes to the attention of agencies can be the first time we hear our ex’s behaviour reflected back to us in such clear terms. I can clearly remember the police officer saying, ‘but you’ve already told me he raped you’ and I said ‘have I?!’ I couldn’t take it all in back then. Plus I knew I had no evidence and the children would have devastated. I do regret not pressing charges at the time. However you have evidence which might make a difference and he isn’t seeing the children. Only you can decide what’s right for you of course xx

shine bright 2
      Participant

Im currently ina position where I may be expected to ket the man who visciouly raped me have contact with our children. Has i pressed charges it might have been a different story. I wish i had told my story..even if he got not guilty

Cupcake
      Participant

Its such a horriable thing to happen. It makes you doubt yourself . I haven’t felt well since it happend kind of feel like I lost part of me after that. It is a hard word to hear. Part of me just wants to put my head under my duvet and hope this all GOS away. But I keep going for my little ones. I’m sorry to all of you who have experienced this. Lots of love xx

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

To put a different spin on it, what if he goes and does this to other women? At the very least, reporting this to the police they will have it on record for if it happens again.

Good luck xx

Ayanna
      Participant

It is assault. The picture will be enough evidence to press charges.
      Please report him. In a few years you will be glad that you did it.

Just think what you would do if a stranger bit you whilst you do your shopping in a supermarket. Would you not call the police? The same applies to everybody.

Rape is rape. It took me a while to name it and to admit to myself what the ex abuser had done. It was even brought to Sapphire and I had a video taped.

Keep posting here. We all know how hard it is to name what has happened and to take the necessary action.

Cupcake
      Participant

Thank you for your support. I’m sorry it happend to you too. As hope u r ok . His x wife said he had also been abusive and was forceful with sex. She told me this a couple of months ago I a actually contacted to her for help with situation. So I have no doubt in my mind he will do this again to someone else. I spoke to the police on the phone today and my house has been flagged which makes me feel bit safer. They also said non molestation order and they would discuss everything and take a statement one day this week when I’m ready. I’m just nervous lol. But I am going to do this. X

KIP.
      Participant

Cupcake please make sure you tell the police about his other victims. If other women make statements too then that can be enough evidence for an arrest. We all know domestic abuse and rape is done behind closed doors. That’s why it’s important that women speak out.

Cupcake
      Participant

Hi yes I will . thanks for your support. Hope your ok. X

Cupcake
      Participant

The police are coming (detail removed by moderator) applied for a injunction. Feeling scared but no I’m doing the right thing x

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content