Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Alittlelost
      Participant

Is everyone offered refuge?
      Is there a criteria you have to meet?

Ive been offered to go to refuge but i dont really feel like i deserve it. I feel i may of been offered it as i was reffered to marac few years ago. But i feel my situation isnt a s bad now like not pyhiscal violence anymore.

Also she made it sound like i could choose where in the country itd be. Is this true or is it just where ever a space comes up?

Newbeginnings1234
      Participant

The refuge that I went to had criteria, but I’m not sure if they’re all like that, and if you were referred to marac before then surely they would offer you a place. I also felt like I didn’t deserve to be there, as the physical abuse wasn’t as bad towards the end, but I didn’t have anywhere else to go. I was referred to marac twice after I left, even though the physical abuse wasn’t as bad. If they’ve offered you a place, then they must think that you need to go there. I was asked which area I wanted to go to and they gave me the phone numbers for all the ones in that area that had spaces available x

Alittlelost
      Participant

Thanks. Ive been trying to read about peoples expierences incase i need to go in a emergancey. Thanks for ur reply.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Alittlelost,

If you are needing to go to a refuge, a support worker from Women’s Aid can search for you via the live chat: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/ (currently open 10am-12pm, Monday-Friday). Support workers can search anywhere in the country for you (as long as it’s far away enough to be deemed ‘safe’); where you can go will depend on the availability but support workers will always try and find vacancies close to where you want to go, and no one will force you into going anywhere if you decide it’s not right for you.

You could also ask housing, the police, social services, your local domestic abuse service or the National Domestic Violence Helpline to support you in looking for a space.

Thanks,
      Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content