Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Twitcher
      Participant

Hi Ladies,

I have now posted a fair few times on this brilliant forum and have received so much support and advice. I’m currently divorcing my husband but we’re still living together, over the last (detail removed by Moderator) he has told me (detail removed by Moderator) that he’s been having suicidal thoughts , I’ve asked him to speak to his doctor but I’m finding it so hard to sleep and worrying until he gets home from work, I couldn’t cope if he was ever that low because of me, I got into this situation early last year and it was a nightmare place to be. How do i show support even though I still want to get divorced, any advice would be very welcome from you strong ladies x*x

beachhut
      Participant

Hello,

Haven’t been on here for a long time, but got out of my relationship a while back. No body can say for certain but, talk of suicide and them having suicidal thoughts is a very common thing for abusive men to come out with, he has got the reaction he wanted by telling you this, you are now worried, cannot sleep and feeling guilty. Most people who commit suicide do not announce what they are going to do, and if he is serious about taking his own life there is nothing you can do about it, you are not his keeper. He knows he is loosing his grip on you and will now do anything to keep you there. Mine told me he had been to see the doctor and I know that he did not go or even make an appointment just sat in the car park down the road, but he got the reaction from me he wanted. I hate to say this but these men will do anything underhanded to keep control. You owe him nothing. Keep safe and take care. 💐

beachhut
      Participant

Just wanted to add, be careful trying to get him help. I reached out to a member of his family, and he told them I was mad, making everything up and this just made his action escalate I was gone very shortly after.

Twitcher
        Participant

Hi beachhut,
        Thanks so much for your reply. You have done amazing well to finally be free of that undeserving, horrendous life. I actually saw him sneaking out with his going out clothes this morning, he no longer comes home after a big drinking session so I don’thave to barricade my bedroom door anymore. It looks like it’s been all lies about his mental health, why is he doing this to me, last night he said he’s of sound mind. I can’t believe I fell for it again, I’m such a fool. I too can’t wait to live in peace like you my lovely, you’ve done so well x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content