Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi

As many of you may know I am still in the same property as my abuser, till it sales.

Whenever he goes out he locks me in. (I do have a key now so I can get out) But it hit me tonight when he did it is it still away of him controlling me?

I don’t want to go out in the evening so its not an issue, but I don’t want to be controlled.

FS xx

Serenity
      Participant

Could be…he might be locking it in case you go to bed and forget to, but if your hit says he is doing it as a control thing, maybe he is, asserting his dominance in a covert way. After all, why not let you lock it yourself when you go to bed?
      If it were my ex doing that, I might also think he was suggesting I am incapable of locking it at night myself. A kind of ‘taking over.’

X

Serenity
      Participant

I mean if your gut

Savingmyself
      Participant

Hi Hun
      Mine did this to me when I stayed at his
      When you never had a key ! What would happen if there was a fire or an emergency how would you get out
      Mine has also locked his new girl in and came to visit me and boasted to me about it
      When I spoke to her she said that she never minded and she would jump out . It was a massive block of flats and no way could she have jumped if there was a fire
      Thank goodness you now have a key
      big hugs xx

Jelly bean
      Participant

It does sound like he could be doing it as a way of controlling you. I say that because like savingmyself said, what would happen if there was a fire or an emergency. Does he know you have a key now? X

Falling Skys
      Participant

He never stop me having a key to the front door but I was always lossing them, till I kept my handbag with me at all times….. Though he could always find them…..

I could aways get out into the rear garden, though he put a six foot wall round it.

More I think about it he’s trying to tell me he’s still in control of me. But I know he’s not and that’s the main thing. Thankyou ladies xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content