This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KIP. 5 months, 1 week ago.

  • Author
  • #70583

    So everytime my ex hurts my daughter I report it but social services always say they can’t step in and I have to take it back to court. Well now I finally get a call from them as I reported again last week that he threw my daughter on the floor in a mood.. I took him to family mediation to try and get to the bottom of her allegations of abuse bit he refuses to discuss it infront of her (something to hide?) So social services call me and say i have been allocated a social worker as something needs to be sorted.
    Is it a positive thing

  • #70584

    SS are there to help. They were involved with my family briefly and it was good to have someone else to speak to. They were really there more only in theory than in practice. The government cuts have meant that these people are working through the bone and they seem to be present in name more than anything else. They did visit the children. The children didn’t like it at all and there was little they could do. It is good that they are getting involved and important that you see them as a source of help even if they aren’t as helpful as you’d like.

  • #70604

    I think it’s a good thing. Just keep journaling his behaviour. Dates and times etc. Things your daughter tells you. Even look back on here at your posts and print them off if it helps. Maybe finally they will take your allegations seriously. You’re trying to protect your child x

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.


© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account