Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Twisted Sister
      Participant

I know i would not want to be kissing a row of atrange blokes.

Coercion – signed a contract to ‘perform’in all tasks (presumably). Being paid, well, large prize money at the end of the show for someone.

But to throw in a task to be intimate crosses a lineand is promoting abuse surely.

This is telling women, and especially young girl and boy audiences watching that this is ok!!!
      I don’t think it is.

Its legitimised/normalised prostitution, exploiting young adults not to mention the influence this has on others potentially far younger. What chance of promoting healthy boundaries with this horror of a show?

Twisted Sister
      Participant

I see they sent them on a date after the upset it caused messing with young peoples’ heads and feelings.

This is all ‘fun’ to them and bringing masses of mone in.

KIP.
      Participant

I must admit I watched in horror last night. I remember there were 18 to 30 holidays when I was younger. I didn’t go on one but I heard some horror stories about them and saw some photos and it reminded me of that. Which I suppose as a single young person is maybe what you want. But to be in a couple and watch your other half snog someone else is not on. There should have been a choice to participate. Hopefully social media will point that out and maybe have a health discussion about acceptable boundaries. For hygiene reasons alone I’m sure it’s not recommended lol 🤓

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Yes, like the club 18-30 it creates an environment conducive to ignoring natural boundaries. Its a good parallel to this.

Those in that situation are under duress to ‘perform’

Kissing a row of blindfolded men is wrong on so many levels.

This is not a game, the whole premis of having to ‘couple up’ or get kicked out is coercion.

diymum@1
      Participant

i have to agree i thought it looked like triangulation and to watch how this plays with their emotions for the sake of entertainment is wrong xxxx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content