Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Mellow
      Blocked

He’s been arrested but now I’m confused have I been abused there’s been nothing physical

Anonymous
      Inactive

It doesn’t have to be physical to be abuse , mental , coercive & controlling behaviour, financial are but a few types of abuse in a relationship, don’t allow doubt to creep in you know what he has put you through , stay strong , this could be your step towards freedom xx

KIP.
      Participant

We define domestic abuse as an incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive, threatening, degrading and violent behaviour, including sexual violence, in the majority of cases by a partner or ex-partner, but also by a family member or carer. It is very common. In the vast majority of cases it is experienced by women and is perpetrated by men.

Domestic abuse can include, but is not limited to, the following:

Coercive control (a pattern of intimidation, degradation, isolation and control with the use or threat of physical or sexual violence)
      Psychological and/or emotional abuse
      Physical or sexual abuse.
      Financial or economic abuse.
      Harassment and stalking.
      Online or digital abuse.

KIP.
      Participant

I’d advise you to co operate with the police and give them a full statement. If you can, start writing down all the abusive episodes you can remember.

KIP.
      Participant

You can talk to the national domestic abuse helpline too x

KIP.
      Participant

Victim support are another great organisation

Mellow
      Blocked

I don’t want to I never meant for this to happen he was not physical I wanted advise and this happened

KIP.
      Participant

It doesn’t have to be physical for it to be abuse. The police will have you and your childrens best interests in mind and you need to show you’re protecting your children from exposure to an abuser. Please co operate with them. You can bet he’s blaming you for everything. If they feel you’re in danger they have a duty of care to you and your kids to protect you.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content