Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Had.enough
      Participant

Is it common for them to want children with you? Although when they are here they are not that fussed (unless they are taking you through the courts)

KIP.
      Participant

I think many of them see children as a hook. Once you have a child youre trapped. Your time is limited elsewhere and the child can be used to prevent you leaving. Mine rushed me into pregnancy. Very soon into the relationship he didn’t take precautions.

Tiffany
      Participant

Mine tried to get me pregnant when it became apparent that being engaged wasn’t enough for me to accept his tyranny. Basically once we were engaged he started acting like he owned me. When I objected instead of reigning back his abuse he tried to get me pregnant. Because he believed that then I couldn’t leave. I took the morning after pill (without his knowledge) and got out about (detail removed by moderator) later. They definitely don’t want kids beyond a way to control you, and another source of power. I am so glad that I didn’t bring a child into the world to experience that. He would have been the most awful, unkind and unpredictable father imaginable.

EbonyRaven
      Participant

Not long after we met he started talking about having ‘our child’. I was no spring chicken even then, and there was absolutely no way I was having any more children at that age so I told him straight up that he could walk away there and then if he wanted that.

He realised that was a closed gate and left it alone from there. Just found other ways to try to tie me down.

I am so glad I stood my ground on that.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Yes he kept saying he wanted to make a baby to me. I was frightened it was such huge responsibility and we hadn’t committed yet. Then when time came when I was ready to found a family, he stopped wanting children. We still had two at the end.

Don’t fall pregnant with an abuser! Go to your GP and ask for a solid contraception. Hormonal shots. Spirals. Anything. I wouldn’t take pills as he can temper with them.

littlewing
      Participant

My boyfriend really wants me to have a baby. I’m(detail removed by moderator) and in poor health so I’ve told him no. Plus we can’t swing it financially. I believe he wants to tie me down with a baby. It’s also an ego boost for a n********t to replicate his genes.

I have an IUD, so no worries there. Plus my eggs are no good anymore.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

My ex still goes on at how he wished he’d ‘bairned’ me. I’m so glad I’d been sterilised beforehand

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content