Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mellow
      Blocked

I’ve been going through a range of emotions but now I’m starting to think is it me?
      I first started noticing things get bad when my partner was getting constant phone calls he agreed to tone it down but it started getting bad and not really toned down then I was a used of being jelous my fears were confirmed when my partner openly showed his affection for someone else through a video he posted and images on social media.before this there were calls in the garden which were open but he appeared to be flirting.I confronted him and he’s always said it’s just friends I believe no sexual contact has took place but my emotions have been played with.he also started hiding passwords and mobile phone .he would actually kill me if I touch his phone and believe me I’ve tried but now I would never get access beyond the amount of protection on it but now I’m thinking did I take things too far he always said the girl on the other end wanted to be my friend he didn’t hide it she spoke to me on one occasion but now I’m thinking I’ve got issues or crazy like he said it’s got to a point wher he dosent want me to know anything or anyone he communicates with even if they are close phone calls with only the kids and me left out he dosent want me around I’m starting to think it’s not abuse I’ve got some problems

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Mellow

thats a horrible place to be, and totally opposite to all the clear posts you’ve made about his abuses to you, and what you describe is the effects of it.

Take a moment, breathe, and slowly make a list of bullet point abuses, and how it makes you feel..I can start the list for you…

“he would actually kill me if I touched his phone” (is quite a huge threat to live under, noone should be putting hands on others phones, but equally noone should believe that there would be such horrific and unacceptable consequences for any action on their part.

You take care,

warmest wishes

ts

Ariel
      Participant

I know how you feel mellow. I hate the person I have become. I’m jealous because of a similar incident with him messaging someone showing his interest.
      I can’t bare for him to go out as I don’t trust him I have to force myself to not get grumpy at the fact he’s going out. I get paranoid when his phone rings and I’m at the point I wish it was just us 2 as that’s when everything is ok.
      I am having serious thoughts if I want to be like this. I used to be trusting, carefree, easy going. I do believe that you and me are like it because of their ways.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content