Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Is it my fault ive not dealt with my past . And i kept attractring these monsters. Abuse after abuse

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

It takes a huge amount of courage to face the things we have to face. Many people never do. You can only start the process once you’re free enough and safe enough, with the right support. Because we are so scared we seek safety in the familiar, we ‘go home’ emotionally. Unfortunately for us, our familiar place is within an abusive environment. Your reactions are totally understandable and when you are ready this will change. Stay safe and practice being gentle with yourself xx

Serenity
      Participant

Hi, I Am Free,

Don’t blame yourself.

We are programmed to blame ourselves and to not make our abusers responsible, and this delays us in our dealing with it. We spend months or years letting them off the hook.

You can see it for what it is now. Like us, it’s like the shackles or the blindfolds have been removed from your eyes.

You are doing great. Show yourself great compassion. This will be your buffer when you go through the tough process of facing things and ultimately healing. We have suffered enough, and shouldn’t make ourselves suffer more by blaming ourselves. Our abusers have programmed yeti be too hard on ourselves ( and too soft on them!).

We’ve all done it.

We were the victims. We are wiser now. Things will be better for you in the future X

Anonymous
      Inactive

Iam still fighting to get him to court!!! I want justice!!!

Serenity
      Participant

Good on you!

I went to court and got justice!

I hope you do too!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks serenity xx

chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

It is no way your fault, i understand that we as women tend to blame ourselves but its only cuz we have been brainwashed by these idiots!!
      Karma will give him the bite in the backside he quite rightly deserves and even better he wont see it coming.

I know what its like to wait as my ex hasnt even been brought in for questioning yet, it feels like they have forgotten me. But yet they tell you to move on.

Positive thoughts hun, always here if u need a rant xoxo

Anonymous
      Inactive

My ex been on bail months!!!! I want justice now . I will not move forward till its over xx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content