Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lostandsadgirl
      Participant

So my ex left me around (detail removed by moderator) and I had a really difficult time before and after it. My mental health took a hard hit. I was self harming went off the rails. Even tried to commit suicide. He watched me and left.
      For some reason I tried to contact him because I wanted to talk to him about the baby I lost.

Anyway I had police here (detail removed by moderator) because he accused me of being dangerous to him!
      I have protected him for months even when my therapist contacted the police because of the sick jokes he used to make about my kids. I stuck up for him.
      The policeman (detail removed by moderator) spoke to me and urged me to file a report as I showed him photos of my injuries sustained in the weeks after we split. Is there any point though or has he won x

KIP.
      Participant

I can tell you I reported my ex and it empowered me. Get support from your local women’s aid. My ex too made me suicidal. If the police are urging you to report it sounds like you have enough evidence. I know I’d have regretted it if I hadn’t tried. Your statement can also be used to help other victims should they report him too and if someone uses Claire’s Law it can be used there too. It’s difficult and can be retraumatising but so can walking away. Talk to the domestic abuse police and what your ex is doing is trying to discredit you so that when the truth of his abuse is revealed he thinks he will be clever enough to be believed. So expect him to be telling lies about you to anyone that will listen x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Report him xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content