Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Canon
      Participant

I’m really concerned about my children – one of them especially atm.
      This child is now a young adult, she struggles with complex mental health.
      Her relationship with dad is really bad and she’s been showing me messages between her and him – it really looks like gaslighting. And I noticed he did it to one of the other kids the other day. He didn’t know it was on loud speaker & that I heard. It wasn’t so much what he said to our younger child – it was the WAY he said it. It was heartbreaking to see my child’s face 🙁 I told them to hang up because they were going to breakdown and go into meltdown 🙁

I don’t know what to do
      – we need help because these kids have struggled enough and this has to stop! 😡

KIP.
      Participant

Get some support from your local women’s aid. If he’s distressing the kids then they don’t have to talk to him. Keep encouraging them away from him into hobbies, friends, anything that moves the focus from him. Keep a journal of everything that’s going on. Talk to them. Explain what gaslighting is. Explain they have the power to hang up on him and to come to you and question his behaviour. Sadly my ex did the same to our son. Gaslighting and lying and manipulation. Why wouldn’t he. He did it to me for years. It’s who he is x

fizzylem
      Participant

Explain to them what manipulation is; and gaslighting; find some suitable vids on utube to show them – educate them x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content