Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

I just woke up- to- It’s not just his abuse! I revisited someone yesterday that I deliberately took time away from, I needed to! I knew it! This person has affected my life in an unchangeable way. A serious amount of negative experience attached to this person! Because of what happened to me a long time ago and not so long ago. Actually, it’s all really ongoing still. Trouble is there’s nothing I can do a out it, if I want to maintain relationships with very close family members, that have been affected also, I believe, They appear as if theyre not? Or that they haven’t woken up to it? Yet! Maybe they have? But don’t show any signs they’ve been affected? are affected? Maybe they know from way back that they were affected and still feel it? Maybe they don’t want to see it? Or feel it? I know this person carries negative emotions inside, stuff from their very early life, and I understand and have empathy, sympathy! But, what about what negative impact that has had on me? Others? Through no fault of our own! There is a lot we don’t know/don’t see, when we meet and become involved/entan gled with people who are going to impact on us eventually. Impact on our mental health. I know now, I shouldn’t have gone back, shouldn’t have seen this person I WAS after all trying to protect myself from anymore? When I blocked that person from my life for the time that I did. Is it that these sort of people cause us to somehow? End up with abusers?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Hazydayz,

I just wanted to show some support here. It can be incredibly frustrating when those around us are not able to recognise abusive dynamics or may even normalise abusive behaviour. It can be really isolating.

Thank you for sharing this, keep posting.

Lisa

Hazydayz
      Participant

Thankyou Lisa for the support.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content